- Smithfield Foods Sioux Falls (about 17 hours/week); 85% of the workforce of 3700 people were born in other countries
- We are training & placing bilingual chaplains at commercial farms.
- Timothy Leadership Training (http://www.tlti.org). New Roots Ministry staff are trained to facilitate TLT. We continually offer TLT classes, both during day hours and evening hours.
- Each year, special events are offered on subjects relevant to new Americans and to the Church. Some examples of these subjects include immigration policies & statuses, Gospel outreach to new Americans of other faiths, hearing life-stories of new Americans, and worship events. (Please email us at email@example.com with questions about upcoming events.)
- Here are links to a couple of papers we have written as we continue to engage and learn: Comparisons of major facts and teachings of Islam and Christianity & Facts, Teachings, and Observations of Islam.
An Equipping Ministry
- Many of our new American friends and their churches are reaching out locally, as well as to the needs of people in their former countries. Through communication, help with promotion, and non-profit set-up, we help them thrive.
- We love hosting service groups OR individuals who want to meet our wonderful new American friends. We can host service groups up to 15 people on Saturday afternoons, probably having them help out stores owned by our friends, and visiting with our friends in other places. If you are an individual or two who would like to hang out with the Director/Pastor on a weekday afternoon, meeting a variety of fine people, please contact us.
- We offer “Strategic Planning for Meeting Goals” in helping new Americans achieve education, career, and ministry goals.
- We offer driver training for new Americans.